Test For Lucan Theology: A Brief Sketch Lesson
Saint Luke Evangelical School Of Biblical Studies
1. _______________ has
been looked on as one of the greatest writers of early Christian literature.
2. Luke is one of the three ____________________ gospels, ____________________ and _______________
are the other two (so called because of the _____________________ of their materials
allows one to lay them out in ____________________ columns and take all three at one
3. St. Luke was a __________________, a ____________________ and a companion of St.
_______________. He was a well-educated ____________________, whose written
word was ____________________ and ____________________.
4. This Gospel is dated _____-_____ AD, and by _____ AD
Luke's gospel was well known in early church circles.
5. Luke seldom quotes the _______________ _____________________, gives Hebrew words as
Greek equivalents, e.g. instead of rabbi he uses ____________________, instead of scribe
he uses ____________________.
6. Luke often shows Jesus at ____________________: at His ____________________ , before He chose the ____________________ , at the _________________________ ,
upon the ____________________ , and only Luke writes of Jesus praying for ____________________ in
his hour of testing.
7. The most beautiful prayers are found only in this Gospel:
the ____________________, the ____________________ and the ____________________ ____________________.
8. Luke, as he also wrote in Acts, emphasized the importance of
the ____________________ ____________________.
9. Luke writes
about women who accompanied Jesus; ____________________ ____________________, ____________________ whose husband
Chuza was an officer in Herod's court, ____________________ and many other women who used
their own resources to help Jesus and His disciples.
10. Jesus is the ____________________ of all men. He draws no lines of _______________
11. The parables of the Good Samaritan, the Prodigal Son and the
Pharisee and Publican highlight the ____________________ of the Good News of Jesus
12. The Acts is the only real ____________________ we have of the ____________________
of the Church. It covers the period of ____________________ to the imprisonment of St.
____________________ in Rome, about the first ____________________ years of the history of Christianity.
13. Scholars have long held that
the author of Acts was St. Luke, due to each of the books are addressed to
the same person, ____________________.
14. The main theme of Acts is describing how ____________________ promised
to Israel in the Old Testament and accomplished by Jesus, has now under the
guidance of the ____________________ ____________________, been extended to ____________________.
15. St. Luke perceives the action of God in history laying open
the ____________________ of all ____________________.
16. The crux of St. Luke's theology, is that the
____________________ of our Lord and Saviour Jesus is for the ____________________ of all humans